Serve on a Board or Committee
A democracy relies on its citizens to share their time, energy and expertise with the rest of the community by serving on various civic boards, commissions and committees. There is no better way to become actively involved in government and to serve fellow citizens than by becoming a member of one of these important panels. The Board of Supervisors appoints members to many local and regional boards. You can download and print a Citizen Volunteer Application, or contact us by mail, telephone, email or in person if you think you'd like to volunteer.
Citizens interested in serviing on a County board, commission or committee may complete a Citizen Volunteer Application, which will be reviewed by the Board during the appointment process.
The following upcoming vacancies will be appointed during the December 8, 2015 Board meeting: Prince Edward County Planning Commission; Prince Edward County Board of Zoning Appeals; Piedmont Regional Jail Board; Piedmont Regional Jail Board-Alternate; and Crossroads Community Services Board.
For more information regarding the vacancies and the terms of office, click here.
Appointed by the Board of Supervisors
- Board of Appeals for Building Code
- Central Virginia Regional Library Board
- Commonwealth Regional Council Committees
- Crossroads Community Services Board
- HOPE Local Advisory Board
- Piedmont Regional Disability Services Board
- Piedmont Virginia Alcohol Safety Action Program
- Poplar Hill Community Development Authority
- Prince Edward County Industrial Development Authority
- Prince Edward County Planning Commission
- Prince Edward County School Board
- Prince Edward County Social Services Board
- Piedmont Senior Resources Agency on Aging
- Southside Virginia Community College Board
- Special Committees on the Board of Supervisors
- STEPS Board
- Transportation Safety Commission
- Appointed by Circuit Court
- Board of Zoning Appeals
- Electoral Board